Thursday, August 28, 2014

Testicle Object Lesson

A couple months ago, I'm in the parking lot, minding my own business, when I see the little old guy who runs the Food Bank. No doubt he intends to innocently introduce me to a guy with him I don't know, but who I will later find as a volunteer at the food bank.

And it starts. Harassment, attempts - oh, in the most jovial tone - to frighten me. Passive-aggressive hatred you can just see. At the food bank. At the co-op. Wherever I see him. Who the fuck IS this guy? Who the fuck does he think I am? Some old girlfriend who dumped him?

Since I don't know him, and didn't go to school with him (and what are you people doing, still hanging out with people from high-school - is this "American Grafitti?"), I assume he does this to all women and girls.

Next time, if he tries it again - even though I've backed him off repeatedly, and the people around him showed how men and women are supposed to act - his photo goes up here. Because if he's done it with me....

There was another guy who tried this on with me, but I threatened to post his photo on Facebook, and he backed off pronto. I figure this new guy has a track record, too. 

Women face this kind of trolling, stalking and harassment every single day. We're on errands, and we get distracted from our work, and it makes more time and trouble for us. Many men don't seem to be able to act like decent people. They seem to think women are just here to entertain them, every single minute.

If you know him - warn him. People CAN be taught.

Or exposed. Call this me preparing him a nice, shiny raincoat, and socks with garters.

(And yes, I'd have the option of contacting the Food Bank's granting committees about mistreatment of women in one of their organizations, but since I've already asked the boss guy at the bank to talk to this guy, and he's a pretty good boss guy, I'll assume the moron is deaf. Or really really angry at some other woman, and like most of these morons, can't tell us apart. So, I'm giving everybody one more chance before official emails start up the chain of command. Because they are nice, decent, sweet people, and don't need one bully to ruin it for everybody.)

No comments: